Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally Here :-)

I can't believe I'm finally here! Cardiff is amazing. It is so lush and green and to top things off... it has a castle right in the middle of downtown. It's really sweet to see all the historic buildings surrounding modern life. The people are very friendly (especially the bus drivers who help my friend Jenifer and me find our way when we're lost). The only challenging thing so far has been the weather- it changes from hot to COLD and back again every hour it seems like. Oh and the street signs in the neighborhoods are in WELSH thank you very much. I can't read any of them, so I have to go by landmarks. My house is after the statue and right before the second turnaround. :-)

If you're wondering, London was pretty cool, too. We had orientation for literally 8-10 hours a day, so it was pretty exhausting. But I learned a lot. We got to go into a Hindu temple, a Sikh temple, and a Mosque, where we learned about the different religious beliefs. And the girls had to wear scarfs, which was fun because they were pretty, but annoying because you can't use your peripheral vision. But in the Sikh temple, the guys have to cover their heads as well, which I think is quite impartial and fair. :-)

We are actually still having orientation in Cardiff, but I'm ready to get started! Please pray that God will prepare my heart for whatever He has in store for me. My team is really great, so I praise Him for that. I'm so thankful and excited to be here.

Love yall!
Colossians 3:12-17

1 comment:

  1. just realized I put smiley faces at the end of my title as well as the first two paragraphs. haha.

    ReplyDelete