Friday, August 14, 2009

Two More Days in the USA

My bags are packed, my visa and passport are ready, I already know exactly what I'm wearing on the plane and I've said almost all of my goodbyes. Now what am I going to do? Well, first I should update my blog:

On Monday I'm leaving for Orientation in London. I'm super-excited. I'm going to have almost 12 hours (in the plane and airport) completely to myself before I meet up with everyone. Orientation lasts for 5 days and then my team is going to take a train to Cardiff, Wales. I think I'm going to be teaching sports to the youth group. Whoop. :-) I just hope they give me some training. I was put in charge of sports when I worked at a youth camp in the Ukraine and I had no clue what to do, so the kids ended up playing a rugby-esque game and it was quite dangerous.

So here are some new prayer requests:
1. My family! Melanie (my sister) and I have never lived apart for more than 3 or 4 months, so we are both nervous about this year.
2. My team, our leaders, and the youth group.

God has shown His great faithfulness to me in so many ways this summer. My passport was lost for almost a week, but I called UPS and they found it the next day. Later I was looking at my leader’s facebook and he had put up a request for everyone to pray that my passport would turn up. That was cool.

I also prayed for close family time and I’ve been able to spend so much sweet time with my sister, parents, and grandparents.

And even though I’ll miss family and friends, I feel so comfortable leaving because I know they are in God’s hands and He will work all things together for their good. Praise Jesus!

So, by the way, I apologize that I’m a terrible blogger. Blogging makes me feel thoroughly inadequate because I have nothing profound to say. But I know y’all are my friends and you love me the way I am. J I just want to let anyone who is interested know what’s going on. So here you are friends.

1 comment:

  1. So I flew over Cardiff yesterday and guess who I thought of!! And also, I had a layover in London, and guess who I thought of! BOTH YOU!! I'm praying for you Pamela, and I pray that you feel complete assurance and peace throughout the next few days. It's going to be incredible, I promise, and I cannot wait for you to see God in such amazing ways!! EEEEK!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete